I know, that title sounds ominous and really scary to those of you that know me and know that thinking can lead to some pretty ludicrous things! Just hang in there, this is actually a FUN (for me…you, ehhh) post that is combined with years worth of thinking and more recent reflection.
I’ve always thought a bucket list was a great idea for most people but for me I looked at it as just a list of things to look back at and feel like a failure if I didn’t fulfill the list or at least most of it. That is a very pessimistic outlook for sure. BUT, as I am on a path to self discovery, I believe it is time to make that list. Some are what most think may seem like mundane and menial ideas and some are grandeur ideas that will make you look at the computer like you have just seen a one winged purple Pegasus with bunny ears fly across the room once you read it. Crazy or not, here I go (in no particular order)…
- Own a farm and save every animal I can from the shelters. (disclaimer:I don’t want to live on the farm so I will take willing participants to help out there)
- Watch a Florida State football game at Doak Campbell Stadium in Tallahassee, Fl.
- Go deep sea fishing
- Go to a Carolina Panthers game (I know!! Silly I never have, I swear I’m a North Carolinian!!)
- See The Northern Lights
- Adopt a child…or more
- Visit the Grand Canyon
- Be an inspiration to or leave a piece of my heart in the hearts of everyone I meet
- Move to a random country for a year and learn the language & culture from scratch
- Learn to shag (the dance people…get you mind out of the gutter, yeah baby)
- Dye my hair multicolored. Like a fun and whimsy rainbow
- Learn to ski
- Visit New York City during Christmas and watch the Macy’s day parade in person. (are those considered the same? hmm)
- Do yoga without falling. Legit…I am clumsy and the most unbalanced person I know
- Start a business. No, I have no business plan or idea but maybe one day
- Hope that y’all love me enough to still be readying this 😛
- Volunteer any way I can and advocate for those with mental illness. #nostigma
- Own a Bentley (the car, not my cat!)….or settle for renting one for a day 🙂
- Win the lottery (I have a feeling I am setting myself up for failure on this one…oh well!)
- Watch a full autopsy (don’t judge)
- Meet Ellen (She. Is. Hilarious!)
- Ride a horse
- See and walk The Great Wall of China
- RUN a 5K or more….and I mean run. I don’t run. Ever.
- Visit all 50 states…well I will settle for 49 because I’m just going to consider North and South Dakota the same state…strictly for time purposes of course.
I know there are many, many more I can’t think of at the moment (I know you’re glad about that, haha) so be on the lookout for part two sometime.
Most of all I want to be a productive member of society and find my place and purpose in the world. Life is short, I want to live it to the fullest!!
Love, hugs, kisses, and bright pink glitter for now,
Kimmy G 🙂
P.S. Again, I refuse to re-read this so it comes with a guarantee of grammar and spelling mistakes. You’re welcome.
P.P.S. I will always leave the above P.S. because it’s a way for me to feel alright about my sub par writing skills.